Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: EWS to DMX digitally - probs!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ian Peaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2001
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi!

    I'm running a system with an EWS64XL and a DMX6Fire 24/96 in Cubase VST32, using the EWS as a MIDI only card

    passing into the DMX as the audio/mastering card.

    I've got a coax digital cable running from the DIG OUT 1 of the EWS frontpanel into the digital in on the DMX

    fronpanel.

    However I can't get a digital signal to pass from the EWS to the DMX.
    I know it works because I had it working briefly (seemed to just turn itself on then off - hallmark of

    EWS/terratec!!). But I can't for the life of me find which setting I had then.
    All the settings for the DMX seem fine (coax dig in, etc.).
    Maybe there's an EWS mixer setting relating to the DIG OUT 1 which I'm missing?

    The EWS is working fine. The Analog OUT 1 of the EWS plays the MIDI fine. And it works fine in CUbase VST32.
    AS does the DMX.

    I just can't get the 2 to communicate digitally!

    Any bright ideas?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Werner_O's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello Ian

    maybe it's a question of correct sync settings:
    The EWS64 should be setup to Sync internal,
    the DMX should be set to Sync external (try to activate 'Samplerate locked').

    Did you try another cable? Perhaps it's broken.

    Regards
    Werner

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ian Peaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2001
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Of course you're right!! I really thought I'd tried that, but... well it works now.

    Thanks.

    P.S. the cable was fine [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 16, 2003 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Ian Peaston ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •